Central The u. s. could be a slender isthmus of land connecting North The u. s. to South The u. s.. The North Pacific Ocean lies to the southwest, the Caribbean lies to the northeast, and the Gulf of North American nation lies to the north.
Most of Central The u. s. rests atop the Caribbean Plate. The region is geologically active, with volcanic eruptions and earthquakes occurring from time to time. Fertile soils from worn volcanic lavas have enabled highland areas to support massive cities and cities.
Central The u. s. provides a surprising bounds, temperate waters, tropical forests moreover as an expensive & various cultural expertise, with varied anthropology sites of civilizations past.
Highlights from Central America Caribbean
- Mayan ruins in Tikal, Copán and Joya de Cerén.
- Various watersports in the Caribbean
- Try the famous jerk chicken in Jamaica
- Leave bustling society and technology behind by taking a boat to the Solentiname Islands, Nicaragua
- Beaches and surfing in Costa Rica
- Guatemala’s diverse highlands, jungles, and beaches
Hints and Tips for Central America Caribbean
- The majority of countries will only ask to see a valid passport and do not require a visa or issue visas-on-arrival. You may have to pay a small fee upon entry. Panama has more requirements including a return ticket, proof of US$500 and yellow fever vaccination.
- The U.S. restricts its citizens from traveling to Cuba, and they must apply for a license. The other option is leaving from a non-U.S. port (Guatemala, Panama, Mexico can be more difficult) and not bring back any item that can be identified as Cuban.
- Some countries have a high crime rate and it’s best to be more cautious in the evening. Leave fancy jewelry or watches behind (a safety box is best, as even rental cars are known to be stolen in some cities) and carry only what you need including a copy of your passport.
- Spanish is the predominant language, but may differ greatly in some regions or amongst indigenous cultures.
- You may want to bring spare toilet paper for many toilets will not have the amenity. Also, toilets may be difficult to find in some areas, so go when you can (such as in restaurants).