The third-largest continent, North The u. s. is entirely within the hemisphere. it’s boxed on the north by the ocean, on the east by the Atlantic Ocean, on the southeast by the Caribbean, & on the south & west by the North Pacific Ocean.
North of the u. s. provides a surprising landscape, a alternative of spirited cities, a spread of climates & varied activities & experiences on provide. The continent offers a range of cultures – each existing & past – & boasts a amount of the foremost illustrious landmarks within the world.
Highlights from North America
- The Rocky Mountains
- Niagara Falls
- New York City
- Mayan ruins in Yucatán
- El Día de los Muertos (The Day of The Dead) Festival
- The Grand Canyon
- The United States Independence Day celebrations
- See the surreal Northern Lights in Alaska
- Visit Mauna Loa volcanic mountain in Hawaii
- For snow enthusiasts, hit the slopes at Vancouver’s Whistler and Vail in Colorado
- Enjoy tropical weather and water sports in Baja California, Veracruz, Cancun or Cozumel
Hints and Tips for North America
- Research visa requirements prior to arriving in North America! Mexico tends to be the most lenient with a fee for a tourist card. Canada allows some citizens up to six months without visa while others must enter with a Temporary Resident Visa or other identification. The United States also varies. Some citizenships are allowed visa waivers (though travelers must apply for an ESTA online approval) while others must research the specific visa requirements and fees (up to $200) as details vary.
- Entry to the United States can be a very long and strict process. Remember, everyone has to go through this process, so try not to get too flustered or impatient as that can make the process even longer. Stay within restrictions for carry-on liquids (maximum 3 ounces per bottle) within a clear, plastic bag (maximum 1 quart). Be prepared to take off shoes, belts, jackets, and any metals before going through security x-ray machines.
- If you are driving over any country lines by car, it is important to double-check border crossing requirements. You may have to show proof of the rental agreement, insurance (i.e. Mexico does not accept American automobile insurance), registration, a dirver’s licence, and other documents (i.e. Canada requires an insurance certificate).
- Crossing borders now requires a passport regardless of citizenship (including United States, Canadian, and Mexican citizens)